Did You Know........that 29% of new businesses fail because of a lack of financial focus? (credit: Bureau of Labor Statistics) Apex Executives CFO/COO services will provide the guidance needed to ensure that your business grows at an approriate pace so you do not run out of the cash needed to continue operations.
What is a CFO?
A Chief Financial Officer is a senior executive that is responsible for managing the financial actions of the company. The CFO's duties include tracking cash flow, financial planning, and advising on all operating activities that produce cash coming in or cash going out of the business.
What is a COO?
A Chief Operations Officer is a senior executive overseeing the day-to-day administrative and operational functions of the company. Many times, a new small business owner will spend too much time on non-revenue generating operational activities. Outsourcing this task to Apex Executives will allow you to have a qualified senior executive providing this function for you at a fraction of the cost of hiring internally.
What is the benefit of combining the two executives into one?
With every aspect of your business, you are either making money or spending money. Finance permeates every component of your business. The 3 pillars of a business are Sales, Finance and Operations. The business owner got into business because they want to sell their product or service. Combining finance and operations into one part time executive gives the busines owner the expertise that they need while saving them money from having to hire full time executives.
CFO Services include:
• An onboarding process that includes Financial Statement Review and Accounting System Readiness Checklist, Cashflow Assessment
• Two 60-minute Meetings Per Month via Zoom
• Interview Process to determine the Company’s Growth Goals
• Normalized Salary exercise to determine the proper amount of Owner Compensation and build that into the financial model of the business
• Determine what the Revenue Goals for the business should be
• Create a custom Cash Flow Forecast (monthly/annually)
• Create a custom Budget (monthly/annually)
• Determine how many Leads the Business needs to meet the Revenue Goals
• Determine what the Sales Conversion Rate is
• Determine your Key Performance Indicators of Financial Success
• Create a Custom Financial Management Dashboard
• High level review of Books to Ensure Accurate Data Reporting
• Review Pricing and Profit Contribution for each service offering
• Create detailed Marketing and Payroll Budgets
• Job Costing Support/ Templates & Analysis
• Unlimited Email Support
• Discuss Monthly Financials: Balance Sheet, Profit & Loss Statement, Statement of Cash Flow
COO Services include:
• Strategy Review and Discussion as needed to refine and optimize business model
• Mission and Vision review and update
• Work with and manage team members to accomplish given objectives
• Project management
• IT software review and analysis for optimization
• Serve as CEO right hand for relief of all operational tasks so CEO can focus on Sales and Marketing